My blogging has been suffering since I moved to Denver. One would think that moving away from family and friends would make me blog MORE - that is what I thought anyways. Since the reverse has been true I have been wondering why. I came up with 2 reasons.
1) I don't take as many pictures as I did in Utah. I don't know why exactly. One is that we don't really DO much here. Our days are pretty boring and routine. We don't get out much. We wake up, get the boys ready for school, take them to school, the girls and I shower/bathe, play or do an activity, go get Noah, eat lunch, girls nap, Brock gets home, we do homework, make dinner, eat dinner, and run around the house a couple times before bed. That is our day almost everyday. But even when we DO go places I don't take pictures - mostly because I have been trying to consciously live in the moment and because how much can I say about a park, or library, or my 100th post on Chuck E chesses (but just so you know another one IS coming up)? I guess I should take pictures of the everyday stuff. But even when I didn't GO places in Utah, I still took pictures of the everyday stuff. I guess I feel like I have already done that, and blogged about it, nothing has changed much in the last year or so - just keep plugging along.
and
2) Facebook. Not that I am posting anything on Facebook - but just the time I used to spend blogging I use to check Facebook. It really does waste as much time as I thought it would. Sad.
Well... to alleviate problem we went swimming on Martin Luther King Jr day. It was actually a big deal because truth is when the boys are out of school they really don't want to do anything. They want to stay in their jammies for a while, watch some shows, and play in the neighborhood. I actually had to DRAG them swimming, and Brock actually said he didn't want to and sat poolside for an hour and a half before he even put his swimming suit on. Once he got in though he had a blast.
Now that I am thinking about it (and looking at this picture), another reason we don't go places is that we don't need to - like we used too anyways. My kids are great friends and play together really well. We are all happy to just be at home playing together.
My boys still aren't' great swimmers. I keep telling myself I will sign them all up for swimming lessons... but then I don't. I should probably figure something out. Since heaven knows I can't teach them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment