Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Babysitting


I have started babysitting a 3 year old and a 9 month old for a couple of hours once a week.  I love it.  I mean... l.o.v.e. i.t!!   After my first week I posted on Facebook "I watched a 9  month old today and all was right with the world".  It is so true.  I feel like I am in my element when I have a baby around.  I just get in the mothering zone and I get so much accomplished AND I am a really good mom to all of them.  Not having a baby makes me lazy.  Not that I want to get into the whole
"are we" or "aren't we done" debate on this blog post - but although having her at our house seems to make my heart swell - it truly has not made me baby hungry.  I feel that we are done.  But it is nice to reaffirm and realize that I was good at it - and I could do it again if I needed/wanted to.  (Plus we still plan on doing Foster Care in a few years.)
 
I am not the only one that loves having a baby around.  When Jason came down the stairs for work, on their first day, she was sitting on the floor with a bucket of our baby toys - stuffing all of them, very thoughtfully, into her mouth; Jason said, "aw, I haven't seen that in a long time" and then he stopped and watched her for a couple minutes just smiling.  
 
And then - there are the girls.  Their whole life is complete when she is at our house.  All week they await her arrival.  She just soaks it all up too.  When she sees the girls she laughs and kicks her feet - it is so cute.
 
Here they are playing peek-a-boo at snack time.



And not to mention the three year old - we love him too.  It is just that three year olds are kind of a dime a dozen around here. :)  He is wonderful.  He gets along with everybody; he just wanders around our house playing with all of our toys and takes a 2 hour nap - can't beat that! 

1 comment:

Laura said...

Maybe I finally get why I no longer consider myself a good mother. I was much more productive with a baby too. I am just as you say lazy without a little one. I am like, let the kids figure themselves out, I need more sleep and then I ignore my children and feel like a failure in the end. But I will not be having more to remedy this. Ha ha. Thanks for helping me see why I have become such a lazy momma.