Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Going to Utah

I guess it is about time for it to be summer on my blog.  The day school got out me and the kids got in the car and headed to Utah.  Jason had to go to North Carolina for work for two weeks so I thought I should just head to Utah rather than stick around Denver. 

It was the BEST DRIVE EVER!!  We had just gone to Lake Powell about 4 weeks before and it was pretty bad.  Madison and Megan were very whiney and demanding.  When we got in the car I told them that I had to drive and couldn't help them and they would just have to make themselves happy.  It totally worked.  We were in commute for about 10 hours and not one child whined or screamed or teased or fought.  It was wonderful - and we only watched one movie.  They spent the majority of the time reading books or looking out the window.  I really encouraged the "looking out the window" thing this time around.  In our past trips I always had them watching movies during the most beautiful parts of the drive - so this time, since I knew the drive by now, I timed the movie better - from Grand Junction to Price there is NOTHING to look at - so that is when we watched our movie.  The kids loved watching the Colorado River and finding all the waterfalls and different kinds of rock faces and trees.  It was a lot of fun.


 
We stopped at our favorite rest stop on I-70.  It is called "No Name rest stop".  It is very beautiful and has a trail down to the Colorado River.  We ate lunch and went on a little hike.
 
I wasn't going to Utah for any particular reason - just to hang out.  My sister, who also moved to Las Vegas two weeks before we moved to Denver, was also coming to Utah for the same two weeks - so that worked out pretty well.  We started at my parents house in Sandy for about 5 days, then went to Mapleton to stay with Jason's parents for about 5 days, then back to Sandy for another 5 days, then is was supposed to be back to Mapleton for a few days but because of sicknesses we left early.  The next 10 or so post will be filling in the blanks to the above schedule.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Brave Momma driving by yourself. You make it sound so easy, but I know what a big job that is! I'm glad you had such a good trip, though.