Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Splash park


For many reasons we ended up having to cut our Utah trip about 4 days short this summer.  It was kind of a last minute decision.  The time ended up coming off of Jason's parents in Mapleton - but we promised we would be back later that summer to make up their days.  They were such troopers about it. 


Before we left Debby took my kids to the dollar store to pick out a toy, and then to lunch at McDonalds, and then we went to a splash park to wear out the kids.  Boy did it work - we drove the whole 8 hours home - with out stopping except for gas in Grand Junction - but no one even got out.  It was awesome.






Megan was in a mood that morning.  She refused to play or even talk to anyone, I felt bad for her grandparents, they were trying so hard, but she was not having it.  She took some towels and went to the far side of the park and spent about a half hour making a bed.  She is SO PARTICULAR about her bedding - a little OCD - she messes with it and messes with it until everything is perfect - no wrinkles, straight lines, everything lining up perfectly.  When I watch her do it I am half amazed, half impressed, and half terrified for our future of perhaps mental illness.  :)

No comments: