Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Brock's Algonquin project

Brock was studying Indigenous people.  At first when I heard about the project in my head I thought he was learning about indigenous people today - like those who live in Africa or Indonesia - to me those are indigenous people.  I would have thought a study of "Indians" (as known in my day) was now officially called "native Americans" - but apparently even that is now politically incorrect and they are called "indigenous people".  

Anyways, he had to dress up and make an artifact and give a presentation.

He really wanted to make a real life wigwam - like the way they did it - out of bending sticks, bark and mud for glue.  I talked him out of the mud - we used a hot glue gun - but he went and scoured the neighborhood for the right sticks to bend and he scrapped bark off of our tree.  I truly thought it was going to turn out terrible - but it turned out awesome!  I guess those indigenous people really did know what they were doing.

No comments: