Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Calling - Ward Missionary

After Krista got baptized I got released as a Cub Scout Den Leader (Bears) and Jason got released from teaching Primary (11 year olds) and we got called as Ward Missionaries.  Growing up in Utah I didn't even know ward missionary was a calling.  At least until Mike Ulrich in our West Jordan ward got called.  He was like a real missionary.  Going out and knocking doors in the neighborhood, ALWAYS bringing people to church, etc.  He was a good example.

 When I got called I had caught the "missionary bug" and had a list of people I had my eye on.  Being a ward missionary is kind of a hard calling for someone like me.  It can be a dream - because there is nothing you have to do - no one really over you, no deadlines to meet etc.  But I like to DO things and know that I am magnifying my calling.  So it is all between me and the Lord.  Some weeks I feel like I am doing missionary work everyday - and then I will go a week or two and haven't really thought about it.  I am busy with meetings though.  I usually have 1 or 2 meetings every week and am constantly in contact with the missionaries - we current'y have sister missionaries - so it seems like they are more comfortable coming to me with their problems.  It has been great and one of my favorite callings.  I always wanted to serve a mission - to be honest though this calling has made me realize I probably wouldn't have been very good at it and probably would have not liked it.  I am glad I had 10 more years of maturity and experience before the Lord asked me to share the gospel.  I hope that I can continue to do so.  I hope that my life going forward is full of missionary opportunities and that this is just where it all started.

No comments: