A short pause in my updating to post about some of my current feelings.
General Conference was so wonderful. I am so grateful for General Conference - an opportunity to realign my values and goals every six months - it is so perfect. I needed it this year too - and I almost didn't want it. This winter has probably been my hardest winter in a long time. I still haven't figured out exactly why. I almost always have a hard January or February - and in some years I have had both - but I seemed to have a hard January, February, and March. Everything was just at an all time low. Low on health, low on sleep, low on energy, low on happiness, low on joy, low on accomplishments, low on socialness, low on spirituality, low on desires. Low everything. About 2 weeks ago I realized that I needed to snap out of it so I could be prepared for General Conference, because even though my cup was empty - I didn't even really have a desire to have it filled - so it wouldn't have been. I knew I needed knew desires. It was kind of scary though because in the past once I am really done being "blah" I can usually snap out of it with my usual tricks. But this time around none of my tricks had a lasting effect. I would feel better for a few hours - but never even for a whole day.
Well, now, after General Conference my compass is realigned. I am feeling so refreshed and able. I am confident in my abilities and I know in whom I can turn to for help and support. I have a clear vision of where I want to go and what I need to do to get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment