Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Pine Wood Derby

This was Brock's second Pinewood Derby and Noah's first.  Jason is an excellent Pinewood Derby dad - he deals with the cars in the same way he deals with pumpkin carving - he lets them make all the decisions and then helps them achieve it.  I have a hard time watching - I am too controlling - if it were me I would be watching you-tube videos and doing a bunch of research and make the cars the best - but his way is always better.










In the end giving the kids their agency worked out - Brock won third place in speed! (an Noah 4th but there is no trophy or announcement for that)

Our good friend David won first!

Noah was so sincerely happy for Brock.  Everyone was asking if Noah was ok that Brock won and he didn't - but never once did Noah express anything other than excitement for Brock.

I sure do love these boys and their amazing friendship - they really couldn't be more different - but their friendship is like something I have never seen.



No comments: