Megan turned 8 this year.
She wanted a baking party. I don't really know what I was thinking or why I agreed to it - probably because I have seen other people do it and thought "if they can do it, I can do it". Well... they probably didn't have 18 girls. It also was a bad bad week/ weekend for me and Jason was out of town. This may be, honestly, one of the hardest weeks of my life - but hey, in the end I pulled off a birthday party that my daughter LOVED.
Here is how I did it.
I cooked 18 cakes from these tin foil tins from the dollar store.
This is how they turned out:
As the girls came they decorated aprons that had their names written on them in sharpie
I had 3 stations and the girls rotated. I had my friend, her son, and one of my visiting teacher come and each run a station. One station was making your own pizza.
They were their own personal pan pizza's (from the same dollar store tins)
The three stations were: Pizza making, frosting the cake, and baking games down stairs. (Guess what's missing with baking items, a relay race, and pass the pasta)
Girls decorating aprons. On the actual day of we had 15 girls show up.
Zelda and Zoe
Pailey, Megan, and Delaney
Brooke, Brynn, and Taylor
Gage (the helper) and Madison
Afton, Sydney, and Leislel
Pailey and Megan
There are so many girls becasue she has church friends, school friends, and neighborhood friends. We can't really not invite one of those groups - so we just went big!
We opened presents first because one girls was late (khloe) so we opened presents while we waited
Megan rotated with each group individually - so she was with all of her friends at different stations.

After making pizza's we made a salad on a stick
I didn't get a picture of the frosting, sprinkles, and frosting bags - but you get the idea.
Some girls did a great job.
Games:
We sent each kid home with a picture of them and their cake
We ate the pizzas and cakes and sang "happy birthday"
Megan is pretty great. She is a wonderful oldest daughter. She is responsible and helpful. Every morning she wakes herself up and gets dressed and ready and room cleaned and starts unloading the dishwasher - all before I even wake up! She is also very spiritual. She reads her scriptures almost every day and marks them quite a bit. Right now she is highlighting every time they mention Jesus in yellow. She has lots of questions and wants to know about everything. She is a reader! She will spend hours sitting on the couch reading a book.
After the party Brock and Noah made their cakes and wanted pictures. I was pretty impressed with Brock's - for a kid who hate's drawing - he did pretty great with frosting. It is football players.
Noah's is pretty



























































No comments:
Post a Comment