Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Boy Scouts

Brock became a "real" Boy Scout when he turned 11.  This post was more exciting back when it really happened then it is today.  Since Brock became a Boy Scout the church has announced that they will end their Boy Scout program in a year and a half.  This was met by sadness in our home (well... 3 of us).  Brock was (and is) very excited to be a Boy Scout and has been looking forward to it for sometime.  Noah was really looking forward to being a scout and had big plans for earning merit badges (he will never be in the program) - and I have a strong testimony of Scouts and wanted both my boys to be Eagles.  There is a chance we may go into our won Scouting program once the church ends their program.  We will see.  Since the announcement it has really taken the wind out of cub scouting and boy scouting - since nothing really means anything now and no body is really working towards anything.  But regardless... I am going to do the post with the excitement that Brock felt that day.




Putting his Webelo pin and arrow of light pin on me.

He got to cross over the scouting bridge with his friend Dillon

But first they wrote their names on it.


We ceremoniously put his new neckerchief on.  (I asked our friend Brian to take pictures and he is a professional photographer - so he got a little carried away - but I included about 25% of what he took!)









Our Cub Scout and boy scout



His first day of Cub Scouts and his first day of Boy Scouts.



No comments: