Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, June 1, 2018

Women's Conference

I was able to go to Women's Conference at BYU with Krista again this year.  This trip does so much for my soul - my trip last year is what got me through all of my trials last year, and I knew I needed it again.  This trip almost didn't happen SO MANY times - I am so grateful that in the end it worked out. 

We drove out to Utah right after dropping our kids off at school on Wednesday morning.  Or... that is when we were supposed to leave.  I had sick kids and didn't get everything done the day before so we left about an hour late.  (yes, that is right... I had sick kids... thank goodness for an amazing husband who took care of our sick kiddos) 

When we got into Utah we went straight to the Payson Utah temple and did some sealings.  It was the most beautiful temple.  we were amazed at every turn.


Then Thursday morning we woke up and started Women's conference.  I just love women's conference.  The spirit is so strong being with all of those women, it is like medicine to my soul.  To be honest it wasn't quite as good as last year, and after the first day I was wondering why I wasn't feeling like I had felt last year and I realized it was because last year when I came my cup was EMPTY - so empty and within the first hour water from heaven  just poured into it and it was like drinking fresh cold water in the desert.  This year I wasn't quite as drained.  To be honest, I wasn't so drained because it was STILL full from last year.  But it was still great to "top off" and get more gospel knowledge, ideas, and reset my course.


Thursday after conference we went out to dinner with Julie Murdock, the mission president's wife from Colorado when Krista was baptized. 


By Friday afternoon we were exhausted!  We took a nap on the grass while waiting for the closing session.




Our group this year.  Pat, my mom, Krista, and me (we were SO SAD to miss my aunt Jen this year).  They are SO FUN to be with and make conference such a joy.

Me and my mom


Before we left Provo we had to go get Krough-nuts.  They are the BEST THING EVER!!

On Saturday morning we headed to temple square.  We went to the family history library, the church history library (different from museum), got rolls at the Lion House Bakery, and watched all the bride and grooms come out of the temple.  The tulips stayed pretty for us again this year!



We also each found out own quite space on temple square and reviewed our notes from Women's Conference and wrote down our "take-aways" and our goals.  This was a very sacred moment for me.
I just love temple square.
Then on Sunday we went to church at my parent's ward.  During second hour we got a really special "Utah" treat.  A member of my parents ward is a reporter for Church news and she went on President Nelson's world tour the week before and gave us a slid show/report about it.  It was so cool to hear her experiences with the prophet and it just really strengthened my testimony that he is the prophet of God on the earth.

Then my cute mom threw me a birthday dinner.  My birthday is in December but she said she hasn't gotten to give me a birthday dinner in 4 years  - so she wanted to do in then.  She invited the whole family, plus my grandma and grandpa and my aunt Les and her family.  It was so fun.  My family now has a new tradition where after your birthday dinner they go around the room and everyone says something they love about you.  Lots of people got really emotional and cried quite a bit (including my little brother Michael).  It was so fun - it was like getting to be at your funeral.  Ha.  They said some really sweet things about my mothering, my cooking, my spirituality and scriptural knowledge (including my kids scriptural knowledge), and my home.
It was such a great weekend.  I am so glad I got to go.  The kids had a great time at home with dad (they love their times just with him).

No comments: