Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

sicknesses

I just wanted to be a little prideful I guess and document that this was the worst cold and flu season in over a decade (maybe more).  EVERYONE got sick, everywhere you looked someone was sick.  My family did not get sick.  Honestly.  I know I wrote in my Women's Conference post that my kids were sick  - but they weren't really.  They threw up 3 times in about a 12 hour period (but felt fine in between) and then it was done.  We never went to the doctor, or missed school, or anything.  It was amazing.  Our ward and the neighborhood and the school were all infected and everyone around us kept getting sick.  I kept holding my breath and waiting for it.  I don't know if we were just blessed because we had a lot of other trials and Heavenly Father just gave us a pass on this one or if it is becasue of how well I try to feed my family (this is the prideful part).  I do believe that home-made chicken stock and a ton of fruits and vegetables really do make our bodies healthy and able to fight off sicknesses.  But I am grateful we had a great winter.

No comments: