Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Last day of school

First Day of school

Last day of school.  As you can see Noah passed up Brock in height - and Megan is just behind him. (one concern that I have is my camera has seemed to loose quality in these 9 months - that is upsetting)

What a school year!  We ended 5th (Mrs. Harris), 4th (Mrs, Akin), 2nd (Mrs Henley), and 1st grade (Mrs Prins).  I love having them all in elementary school right now.  I really think they love it too.  They don't seem to bother each other much, but enjoy the benefits of having a sibling in almost every grade (they always get to get out of class to go watch plays, walk through displays, and they know almost everyone in the school - and everyone knows them).  I am sad this will only last one more year and am SO GRATEFUL we are in a district where 6th grade is still elementary.  

All in all I would say this was a successful school year.  We ended this year in a lot better place with Noah then we ended last year - although it is still a roller coaster.  He found 3 good friends this year: Riley, Jewel, and Marcus.  That has been really good for him.  He got a "wiggly" chair this year that helps him - it mostly helps him by not having to fight with his teachers about leaning back on his chair.  Brock found a new way of organization that seems to work well for him.  He spent most of the year typing all of his work - but hen towards the end of the year he has chosen to go back to writing - and it is legible some of the time (which is a nice improvement :)  I am nervous about next year with him - but am trying to take it one step at a time and keep it all in balance.  Megan thrived in second grade.  She has a group of about 6 girls that are all good friends.  She enjoys playing with them at school - but when she is home I have to LITERALLY push her out the door to do ANYTHING other than read.  She would sit on the couch and read books all day.  That is one thing every teacher says about my kids at parent teacher conference - I have to keep telling them to put their books away - they just want to read all day.  They sure didn't get that from me!  ha.  Madison found her stride in the "tree house" - what our school calls the special needs classroom.  They have become her best friends - in a trued friendship way - not a paternal, care taker kind of way.  She treats them as equals and has often said, "I don't know why people think they are different, I think they are just like me".  I can hardly walk through the school with out someone saying, "oh your Madison's mom, I have never met a child with a heart like hers".  That is a great parenting boost!

No comments: