Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Brock's ordination

When the announcement was made that all 11 year olds turning 12 in 2019 would get the priesthood i cried.  I felt like I was loosing 4 months of my child's life.  But seeing him be so excited and really take on this new responsibility has strengthened my testimony of the prophet, the priesthood, and the readiness of this generation.  Brock needed this and I didn't even know it.  It took his preparation seriously and has taken his responsibilities seriously.  He walks around the chapel before church (we are there an hour early for choir) "getting it ready" - even though we are the first ward and it is already ready.  He wants to be in his place for the sacrament very early and sings the hymns and does a great job passing.  He studies his scriptures and has been working on his Duty to God.

Since Dane was getting blessed the first week of February and family was already coming for that Brock decided to wait and get ordained when family could be here.  We did the ordination at our home on Saturday evening so he could pass the sacrament with his grand parents there and could hold the microphone for Dane's blessing.  He loved being part of the blessing.

He looks pretty handsome in his new suit.

Randy and Debby took a million pictures of "before".  I included them all cuz it shows everyone that was there - and I make a few appearances - which is rare on this blog (unless its a selfie :)



















Grandpa Hanna, Daniel Hanna, Randy Herbert, Jason, Bishop Glen Roper










The girls wanted to give Brock a present for his ordination. They wanted it to be meaningful and useful.  They spent hours and hours crocheting this Bronco's scarf that they figured he could wear while doing fast offerings.




No comments: