Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, February 21, 2020

Taking Noah to the temple

The week that Noah was ordained we took him to the Denver temple.  We asked Noah if he wanted it to just be the three of us or if he wanted Brock to go.  It shouldn't have surprised us that Noah wanted Brock to go.  Noah had been doing family history for the last 2 or 3 months before he went to the temple.  Nothing huge - mostly just figuring out family search.  We went to our local family history library a few Sunday afternoons and he really enjoyed that.  He had about 8 or so names for all of us to do at the temple.  He has a goal of going twice a month.   







Here is a picture when we came out - the lights came on - so we took another picture.

It was one of the best days that I hope to always remember.  It didn't start out great.  Right before the temple Noah and I got in a fight about screen time and he said he didn't want to go to the temple that day.  I didn't want to "force him" to go, I wanted it to be for him - but this was literally while we were out the door, Jason was meeting us there from work, and I already found a babysitter (which wasn't easy that time of day).  I was frustrated and so was he.  He decided he did want to go - but things were tense on the way to the temple.  I was feeling sad for him that this was going to be  his first experience.  But as soon as we walked onto the ground I guess we all just forgot about it.  Noah was adorable in the temple.  Here is a text I text our family afterwards:

"We took Noah to the temple for the first time yesterday.  Jason baptized all of us.  Noah was adorable.  Have you seen Noah when he is really excited to do something? He is practically laughing and smiling so big and shaking his hands? (he has done it since he was 18 months) Well, he was doing that the whole time while watching Brock being baptized while waiting to be next.  He has been finding names for all of us the last 3 weeks.  He had names from Debby's side and Brock and I had names from the Barker side.  It was a great night."


No comments: