This pregnancy has been different than all others. Which isn't saying much becasue Danes was different then the others. The first 4 were all very similar - so I guess it was ok that Dane's was different but I expected this one to be like Dane's. First off the first trimester of Danes i was crazy hormonal and had some huge mental issues with anxiety, depression, and general overwhelmedness. That didn't happen this time (thank heavens). Next I was nauseous all the time. For my other pregnancies I was nauseous - mostly in the morning and I could control it if I never let myself get hungry, too full, and ate the right food (not too bready, too sweet, to liquidy, etc). But with this one I was nauseous all day and nothing I did made it go away. There were a few things I could do to keep it at bay or not make it worse - but nothing made it go away. This cheese ball that Mary-Anne Ahlstrom gave our family for Christmas got me through December. I took it everywhere I went and ate it all the time. Here it is on my lap while driving. It was also in the front of my grocery cart while shopping, and next to me in bed.
I am always tired when I am pregnant. I even remember being so tiered with Brock. During Brock's pregnancy I was working 40 hours, taking 16 credits, and doing my student teaching. I obviously was busy (but who is REALLY busy or tired without kids??)
But I remember vividly usually coming home at night and doing homework or prepping my lesson for the next day and no matter how much I needed to do or how important it was I HAD to go to sleep at 9:00. I quickly learned I was unable to "do things at night" and I had to go to bed. This one is no different. Except 9 is 7, and some days 3. Just like Dan'e's pregnancy I am up with a ton of energy and have great mornings and make plans for my whole day - but at about 3 I am DONE. I crawl through the rest of the afternoon/evening. And if I can I crash at 7. This leaves me feeling a TON of guilt because my older 4 only really get the 3-9 mom. However, we do make the most of our mornings and I am happy and chatty with them then. Hopefully that helps.
And as of Friday I am already having a lot of cramping and now for 2 days in a row can't walk at the end of the day. So that is new!
Aside from all of the above complaining this baby has been more special and exciting for all of us because we know the joy it will bring. Dane's pregnancy was an unknown and just the idea of a baby. But to us it is now so real and I already feel so bonded to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment