Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, March 27, 2020

It's a...

Girl!!  I got poppers for the kids to pull on to fin out.  I recorded it so didn't get much pictures of the actual reveal.  Then we ate pink cupcakes.  (I made a GF one for Megan)

(Noah is in a suit because he had a class presentation that day)


Everyone was excited  - even Dane.


Feelings - I honestly can't remember if I have posted my boy or girl debate on the blog or not.  Truth is I wanted one more of each (but I don't want 7).  I really wanted a boy for Dane.  I had my other kids in groups of 2 so it just made sense.  Most of the kids wanted a boy for the same reason.  But when I looked at the big picture for our family - 20 years down the road - I wanted 3 girls.  I went in to the appointment expecting it to be a boy and being fine with that.  When they said "its a girl" I all of the sudden felt very overwhelmed and sad.  The reality of raising both a boys and a girl all over again seemed so hard.  2 boys would have been so much easier.  I could hardly listen or pay attention to the rest of the ultra sound because all I could think about was how hard it was going to be.  How much more stuff was going to be in the house.  The clothes, toys, room sharing, bows, prettiness, etc.  I felt consumed and like I was drowning, it was hard to breath.  Jason had to go to work after the appointment so I had to drive home alone.  When I got in the car and had a minute to myself I realized that I felt at peace.  This is what  my heart truly wanted.... another girl.  Had it been a boy I would have felt uneasy about being "done" and always  wondered "what if".  But all of those emotions were gone.  I felt complete.  I finally allowed myself to acknowledge that what our family really needed was another girl.  And it was what I really wanted.  I am so so so happy that she is coming to our family.  And while it does make things harder... she will be worth it.

No comments: