That first week after spring break they cancelled church. We were naive enough to think it might just be for a week or two. I think we are on week 10 now. I have loved having church at home. The best part is having 2 deacons that pass our sacrament. We do it during Dane's nap. We keep it simple - except for Easter. We have an opening prayer, a sacrament hymn, Jason blesses and the boys pass, then we have someone do something - either a talk or a musical number, and then a closing prayer. We make sure the house is clean and I set out pictures of Jesus and play prelude music on my phone. Everyone dresses up. We have had wonderful testimony meetings as well. Jason is great a presiding and making sure our meetings are orderly and spiritual.
Things I have missed about church: I do miss having Dane go. It will be a big transition going back. I only got to do my calling once before it got cancelled. Jason and I teach the 16 - 18 year olds. Now by the time we get back all our 17 and 18 year olds won't be in our class anymore and some might have already left for college or missions. It is pretty sad. We have BIG plans for our class this spring, we were going to take our kids to all of their spring sports and activities and we were having them over for root bear floats twice a month. But strangely that is all I miss. I LOVE church. When I miss even 1 week or heaven forbid 2 I miss it so much and when I go back it feels like I haven't been in forever. I don't have that feeling. I think it has shown me the importance of the ordinance of the sacrament and spending time worshiping and connecting with God. That is what is important, not the building, not the people, not the lessons. I knew that before. But I didn't know I FELT it. If someone would have told me a year ago we would go 10 weeks with no church I would have cried and thought I couldn't do it. But I feel so spiritually fed. I have gone to church. Church is in my home, and it isn't any different.

No comments:
Post a Comment