Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Inspiration

I am writing this post because of my scripture study this morning. 

I have struggled a little bit during this quarantine because people keep talking about "lesson's learned" and how this "puts things in perspective" or "helps us realign our priorities" and "things we will do differently after".  But I haven't felt any of those things.  I keep trying to connect with the spirit and figure out what changes the Lord is trying to tell us we need to make.  And after about a month I honestly felt that what this has taught me is that our priorities were right and we don't have anything we need to change.  I worried this was pride or blindness.  But it always felt right and peaceful.  Then this morning during my scripture study it was affirmed.  I am reading 3rd Nephi 1-8 because it has been said (and I strongly believe) that it is a mirror to our day, before Christ comes again.

I am not going to give context - you can figure that out on your own.  But the Lamanites/robbers represents Satan/world/or this pandemic and the Nephites are us/church/me. 

3rd Nephi 4:16 and 18
16...for they(meaning the Lamanites) did suppose that if they should cut off the people of Nephi from their lands, and should hem them in on every side, and if they should cut them off from all their outward privileges, that they could cause them to yield themselves up according to their wishes.
18 But behold, this was an advantage to the Nephites; for it was impossible for the robbers to lay siege sufficiently long to have any effect upon the Nephites, because of their much provision which they had laid up in store,

I felt that this was us.  We have spent years laying up provisions.  This doesn't have any effect upon us.  Then I read (for my study) President Nelson's welcoming address to General Conference and he said that Lord tells us to stand in holy places and be not moved.  I realized that if we are in a holy place when hard times come that doesn't mean we need to move - we stay there.  Hard times don't mean we have to change what we are doing.  Only if we aren't doing what we should.  We should of course soul search and seek inspiration - but it is ok if the spirit says "you are in a holy place... don't move."


No comments: