Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Eve's Blessing

Eve was blessed in our home on Sunday August 16th.  It was a very different blessing than usual - due to Covid of course.  But still special none-the-less.  My mom was coming out to visit in the middle of August so we figured we should do it while SOME family was there.  Everyone else zoomed in. 

We had the Hanna group (Ashley no pictured), Grandma and Grandpa Herbert, the Birchs, Jon Herbert, the Michael Hanna family, the Toblers, and Aunt Katie.

Brock got to hold the chrome book in the circle like he held the microphone at Dane's blessing.


The Weister's were able to come.
And my mom tried hoard to keep Dane entertained.



Eve was a dream.  She was quiet and asleep for her whole blessing.  Jason gave a wonderful blessing.  I love how thoughtful he is about each of our child's blessings.  He prepares well and is very inspired.  One of the great things about not having her blessing at church is I got this awesome picture of her in her circle. 

It was an unusually small circle this time.  No grandpa's, Uncles, or friends.  It was supposed to just be Jason and the Bishop (Bishop Prusse).  The morning of the blessing Bishop text to ask if he could bring Garrett Beckstead.  Neither Jason or I know Garrett very well.  His family used to live in the ward when he was a teenager.  He was inactive and pretty wild.  They moved and in the last 6 months he moved back into the ward boundaries.  During Covid he and bishop got together and Bishop helped reactivate him and he is now going on a mission.  He had just gotten the Melchizedek priesthood the week before and Bishop was eager for him to have some priesthood experience.  I thought it was a weird ask.  We don't know him, and are already were sad to be missing so much family.  To have a small circle and have 30% a stranger seemed odd.  But we are not going to deny him a priesthood experience.  It ended up being kind of sweet and I told Eve her first spiritual church ordinance she did service, and that was a great way to start out her life!


Afterwards we went outside and took way to many pictures - but I LOVE THEM ALL!  

It is funny because I got my flower beds all ready and beautiful so they could be the back drop of our photos.  But my family it to big!!  We cover all the flowers.  What a wonderful problem. 





All the kids, except for Noah, wanted pictures with Eve.









We got some precious ones of her and Dane inside. 
We weren't at church, we didn't have a lot of family, we didn't have a party, or luncheon, or even dessert after... but it might have just been my favorite blessing. 
 

No comments: