Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Fall Sports

Covid didn't keep most fall sports from happening - or if htey did we found another one or another way.  The biggest disappointment was Brock not being able to play tackle football.  He has waited almost 5 years for us to "let him play" and this was supposed to be the year!  He will go into high school next year and play football having never played!  Eek.  Oh well... he will figure it out I am sure. 

His best friend, Cameron, talked him into doing cross country for the first time.  He really liked it.  He took Jason out running on his routes, he woke up at 6 am a few times to go running.  It was pretty cute.  I kept wondering when he was going to ask if he could quit becasue it's just running.  But I guess he likes running?!  I don't understand it.

We all made it to one of his meets!






He also played on a rec flag football league.  I meant to take some of him playing... but I guess i didn't.  Dane really enjoyed going to his games.  He loves going to "football games".


He also played on his school flag football team.  There were 4 different teams: A, B, C, and D.  Brock is sure he would have made the A team but he got quarantined the week of "tryouts and the first weeks of practice. So he got put on the B team.  He talked to the coaches and they gave him a list of things to do to "prove" himself and they told him if he did they would put him on A team.  He worked really hard and kept in touch with the coaches and they finally put him on the A team.  He played one game and then he got quarantined AGAIN!!!  He was so sad.  He missed the rest of the season and even missed the play-offs.  He was pretty sad, but a good trooper.

Madison played another season of soccer.  Her old team disbanded so she thought she never wanted to paly again.  I talked her into going on a random team and she ended up on a team with a bunch of girls from school, she was thrilled and had a great season.





Not pictured here: Megan did gymnastics for the first time and LOVED it.  She got really good really fast and even moved up and jumped a level.  We are signed up for another set in January (fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled).  Noah did 2 plays.  That will be its own post because I haven't downloaded those pictures yet.


And since this is fall and a sport I will put it on this post.  Brock and I went to a Thunderridge football game for special time in October.  I really love spending time with Brock.  I am really enjoying him as a teenager.  He is really funny and cracks me up at the things he says.  He is also really thoughtful and has deep thoughts about things - it just takes about an hour of silence and a perfectly worded question to get him talking.  We got really lucky we got into the game.  We didn't buy tickets online (the website didn't say I had too) and when we got there it was sold out.  It is a long story  but it would have been really devastating not to get to go that night but the guy, out of the goodness of his heart, let us sneak in.  yea!!


 

No comments: