Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Mapleton Outings

I tried to get the kids out everyday for an outing.  Utah County has some of my favorite outings, we didn't make it to all of them, but I got to relive some of my favorite Provo memories with the babies and make new ones with the older kids, and that was what I wanted.


We walked our favorite duck pond path and played with the river and waterfalls.  I never leave enough time for this outing, I always plan an hour or two - but we could honestly take 4.  It is so beautiful and relaxing and there is so much to do with all the rocks and waterfalls to climb on.

















Another day wae went to  the Bean Museum.  Dane loved all the animals.


And we found Eve's first stuffed animal.  This is Anna the wolf.  She loves her.

We played in the Mapleton splash pad.  The best splash pad I have ever found, especially for young kids.




Then, my failure of an outing.  My number one thing I wanted to do was go on a "temple tour" while we were in Utah.  We couldn't go in any of the temples, but I wanted to go to the grounds and just hang out.  Last time we were there we went on a Sunday evening and they were all closed.  So we went Saturday afternoon.  And... the gates were already closed!  This wasn't because of Covid, they just closed early on Saturday.  I was so bummed.  The kids were troopers, they didn't complain... much. They were pretty annoyed I drug them all over Provo to closed temples and still made them get out to take pictures.  Once I bought them crounuts - so I guess that made up for it.




We walked around campus a little bit, we went to the book store and the creamery.



Those were our big outings.  We didn't make it to Bridal Veil Falls or Sundance.  The kids had me drop them off a few times at the Springville Library where upon they discovered a new passion, library Tourism.  My kids LOVE going to the library for hours and now they have found out that each library is different and now they love to go to each towns library.  It's pretty funny.  I also dropped them off at Springville's Main Street to check out the shops (hoping it would be like Estes Park... it wasn't.  They were thoroughly disappointed.)

 

No comments: