Almost everyday the babies and I go to some sort of activity before lunch and naps. They usually eat their lunch in the car on the way home. Sometimes the outing is so close that I need to drive around so they have time to eat. One day we drove past the school and saw Maddie. We stopped and watched her play volleyball with her friends. I decided to take some pictures and videos. She is the one in the yellow shirt.
I entitled the post "spying on Maddie - not Madison" because I have learned that Madison is STRICLTY Maddie at school. So much so that when I say "I am Madison's mom" or "give this to Madison" people don't know who I am talking about. We have had some major confusion over it! It is funny because when Jason and I named her we named her "Maddie" and gave her the name "Madison" just for a more formal name. We told everyone "but we will call her Maddie". But it just hasn't turned out that way. I call her Madison way more than anything else. "Mads" is more of her nick name. But we rarely call her Maddie. Honestly, it kind of bugs me that she is strictly Maddie at school. I am not sure why. I like the name. Maybe it is because it feels like she has 2 identities.
Madison loves to play sports at recess and after school. She has a great group of friends and has become very fun, confident, and outgoing. She is refining her athletic abilities and her love of sports.



No comments:
Post a Comment