Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, November 18, 2022

Heritage

This summer my great-aunt Karen died.  She was my Grandma's sister.  My grandmother was born into a wonderful family.  There were 8 kids born to my great grandmother - 4 boys and 4 girls (plus one still birth).  I grew up knowing all of them (except 1 who died when he was 17).  They were like my aunts and uncles.  I feel an incredible bond, strength, and connection to my maternal line.  I know that my linage was established before this life and I know I stand on the shoulders of giants.  None of them were famous, or incredible, or even very "successful" to the worlds standards.  None of them were even very "important" within the church.  But all of them were wonderful, faithful, constant, they all tried their best and never gave up.  I would not be the woman I am today if it wasn't for the faithfulness and goodness of my maternal family line.  From them I have learned that family is the most important thing.  More important than money, businesses, or hurt feelings.  More important then being right or fair.  I have learned that the gospel is the center of life.  I have watched and heard stores about ways they (including my great grandparents) put the gospel above so many things and despite hard trials, unfairness, or despair you keep showing up, keep going, and you do it with joy.  

 

No comments: