Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was kind of a bust.  We didn't do anything during the day - it was too cold to do anything outside (last year we went to the zoo).  We kind of just lounged around.  

For dinner we had our usual sea food buffet.


These cuties made it all worth it.











Except for they were kind of the worst when it came to our traditions.  After dinner we went to drive around and look at Christmas lights and the hated it and screamed almost the whole time.  They just wanted to see the "gingerbread house" and so all the houses we saw before that was a waste of their time, and then by the time we got to the gingerbread house it was a total let down.  We cut the trip short and went home.  Megan was really disappointed, I guess that is her favorite tradition.  They also cried all during our "Muppets Christmas Carol" tradition.  Jason thought they were old enough to appreciate it, they were not.  The older kids were really good about not blaming the babies or getting upset or saying the ruined Christmas, but I could see it in their faces.  We have kind of kept the babies separate from the older kids but as they get older they will incorporate more into the family and we will all have to adjust.

Lucky for them I anticipated the babies not living up to our Christmas traditions so I compensated by having a rockin dessert and hot chocolate bar out every night while we watched out Christmas movies or the Chose.  BTW - I decided to binge watch The Chosen with the kids over winter break to help them get excited for the New Testament.  None of them wanted to and I had to bribe/force them to give it a shot.  It totally worked.  They all loved it and I think laid a brick in each of their foundations.

No matter how hard I work all December to have a quick Christmas Eve set up, it seems to take hours.  I am always shocked at how late I get to bed.  But it is always pretty and worth it in the end.




 
Jason took these pictures, he liked our little preschool tree best.



 

No comments: