Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Jason's BIrthday


 My dear-dear Jason.  Oh, how we love him.  I don't think I have the words to adequately express how fundamental and foundational he is in our life.  If I were to be honest I think I pretty much rock.  I have a good head on my shoulders, good mental health, am not very dramatic, emotional, or sensitive, I am spiritual, (I know this is a post about Jason, I am getting there) I am a good mom, housekeeper, homemaker, scheduler, and very intentional.  There are things about me that drive Jason CRAZY - but those are personality things and I always figured that I would be a great wife to someone who was never home.  I am not needy (emotionally) and I can run a house and the children just fine b myself, thank you very much.  With all that being said - the truth is... Jason is the heart beat of our home, not me.  Usually it is mothers/women who are the center of the home, the one everyone looks to, relies on, and comes to.  They are the one who everyone wants, needs, and asks about.  The set the tone for the family and home.  In our home it is Jason.  He is everyone's favorite.  If dad isn't doing it, no one is doing it.  What does dad think?  Where is dad?  If dad isn't happy no one is happy - and really everyone could care less about how I feel (which is fine - I am usually happy).  He keeps us on schedule, clean, organized, and moving forward.  He feels all our love buckets and knowledge buckets.  If I can get Jason on board I have won the whole family.


He still is my most favorite person.  Our biggest risk in life is ignoring our children because we are too busy talking.  We can't stop - it is like a disease. I love him.

A few fun things about Jason at 38:
  • He works out everyday.  Even if it is at 10 o clock at night, if he hasn't ridden his bike or lifted weights he does it  - it is so impressive.  He has gotten really cut from it - very sexy.  He has these divots in his arms and legs that are really hot!
  • He makes sure we have a standing temple temple endowment appointment for Saturdays and we take turns going.  So nice to have that taken care of!
  • He teaches early morning seminary - for the third year now, and just got released from Sunday school after 6 years!  sheesh.  He is starting to write a curriculum to teach an emotional wellness class to the youth in our ward and he is going to rock it.
  • He, of course, reads his scriptures everyday - seems un noteworthy for an outline of his life because it is just a given, but these days it seems that it isn't a given for so many people and I am grateful I never have to worry about him.
  • His teens are reading Lord of the Rings and spends a lot of time discussing it with them.  For his birthday they spent literally hours picking out and fighting over the perfect wizard figurine to give him.
  • He always wants to play a family game or do a read aloud. 
  • Work is... work.  I won't spend to much time here other than to say we are so grateful he works for us.  I don't have to work which is such a blessing, he provides a beautiful life for us and makes sure we have the things we need, want, and plenty for our future, AND he works from home and helps all. the. time.  AND there may be some good things coming up on the horizon.

No comments: