Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Concerts and other School awards

Spring is the season for all sorts of school stuff.  In the last 2 years or so people are referring to May as "May-cember" or "May-hem".  This is accurate.  However, I would say May is way worse than December, at least this year.  This may be for another post for another day, but starting in about March of this year I started drowning with all of my "stuff" and I am still drowning.  Now, I am being a LITTLE dramatic with drowning because I know women/families who are really drowning and we are not that.  I am actually doing quite well on paper.  I hit all the needs, most of the wants, and many of the "sprinkles".  I also follow the promptings of the spirit everyday.  So I can see that we are actually fine.  But I could not have imagined how busy being a mom of 6 would be.  I am not sure it having six of them that is hard, having teens and toddlers that is hard, or having 4 teenagers at the same time.  AND I recognize that I am just in year 1 of about a 6 year BUSIEST time of our lives.  This is just the FIRST year and it killed me!  I honestly was not prepared for how hard this was.  I could 100%, no hyperbole sit at my computer for 30 hours a week doing things for my kids.  Signing up for stuff, replying to emails (I was getting over 40 emails every day with actionable items all about my kids) ordering things, filling out sign-up genius's, emailing teachers, filling out forms, coordinating activities/rides, making appointments, filling prescriptions etc.   Then I could spend another 30 hours sitting in a chair and talking to each one of my children like a secretary asking questions and taking notes about their "stuff" and  then another 20 hours fulfilling the things they just gave me.  And I haven't even made dinner, cleaned the house, did grocery shopping, or even look at the toddlers, let alone brushed my own teeth.  And this isn't like "If I just do this this week then I will be caught up" (I thought that from March-May) and then I realized this was just my new normal.  Wow - didn't mean to do all of that... but basically, we had a lot of performances in May.  ha
 
Noah sang in his choir.  He is on the first row from the left.   



Noah had the best group of choir friends!  
Noah, Ryan, Riley, Derek, Evan, Dallin

Megan sang with her middle school choir

Brock played in his last orchestra concert.  I am SO SO sad he isn't taking violin anymore.  It was one of my favorite things about him.





His cute orchestra buddies (also ward buddies)
Brock, Cameron, Nathan

Noah got an award for "most checked out books in the library"  




Madison got moose of the month






The girls YW went to some of the girls performances

Megan and Madison sang the national anthem at a rockies game


Madison also had a choir concert.  But I didn't go and Jason didn't take pictures!







 

No comments: