Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Last Day of Sixth Grade

It was Madison's (I  guess since I am talking about school I should call her "Maddie").... It was Maddie's last day of sixth grade/elementary school.  She had such a great year.  She will be the first to tell you it could have been better.  She did not like her teacher and all of her friends were in the other class.  Regardless, for the first time in her life she was doing something on her own.  She was the only Herbert at the school.  She was alone in her room when she woke up, got the bathroom to herself, ate breakfast by herself (well... me and the babies are there and the rarely eats breakfast.... but you get the idea).  She got to leave for school when SHE wanted to and come home when she wanted to and what ever "way" she wanted.  Unlike previous years she wanted us to drive her (mostly because she was always running late).  She still wanted to be early so she could talk with her friends in the front of the school.  And, as usual, she stayed late after school, typically going over to a friends house and hanging out.  All of her friends live right by the school and she is the odd one out being across the open space.  

On the last day they do a "clap out" and hand out flowers and cards to their favorite teachers.  Maddie gave hers to ______.



Then the next day we went to her graduation ceremony.  She picked out this dress on Shein.com.  Maddie discovered online shopping a few months ago and hasn't looked back (haha).  She has gotten quite the adorable wardrobe of dresses, tees, and shorts and many swim suits for the summer.  She cares a lot about fashion but not as much about the babysitting jobs it takes to maintain her fashion life style.  haha.  That is a little unfair.  Madison is a great babysitter, she enjoys it, and the kids who she babysits love her; she just likes hanging out with her friends more - I can't empathize at all ;)




Getting her certificate


Yay!


Devyn, Mads, Brailynn, Mia, and Brooke

The girls with their moms
The girls with their dads.





After wards all the moms took the girls to lunch.  It was the first time all the moms have gotten together with the girls (I was the one to arrange it) and it was a lot of fun.  





 

No comments: