Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Temple Trips

Our youth in the ward go to the temple about twice a month and I usually get a text with a picture.

This was the first trip of 2023.  They had their biggest turn out, AND they got all the new 11 year olds (including Madison)!


A day trip with Eve and Dane








My temple attendance as been at an all time low - even worse than the years I had the babies.  It is ok though - it was intentional and I have no plans to up it.  Balancing the needs of my family and my own spirituality is tough.  The truth is, I am very spiritual and most of my "holy habits and righteous routines" are wants because I just LOVE it and could spend my whole day doing it - when I do so I am being a "hearer of the word and not a doer of the word".  2023 has been the year of pulling back on my spiritual habits and just doing what is necessary and giving the rest of that time to my family. 

We made a quick trip after church one day.  I was making a temple book for the kids to look at during sacrament meeting and realized we didn't have a whole family picture at the Denver Temple since Eve was born.  So I convinced them to all stop by - even in the cold.  They are so good to me!  (Well... Dane was awful and all but refused to get in the picture or look at the camera)










The babies and I went to the temple one evening to drop off, wait, and bring home some of the youth for a temple trip.  Whilst waiting Dane fell in the fountain. 


During another time while waiting we played around in the sun roof.


And we are still taking our monthly family temple nights.  They are usually Wednesday nights at 8:00.  It is becoming harder and harder to keep those appointments, it seems we are always too busy or can't find a babysitter, or not in the mood.  Once we are there though it seems to all melt away and it is heavenly and we wonder why we don't do it more.








No comments: