Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Noah's Birthday

What I left out in my previous post about my broken foot, what that on Sunday was Noah's birthday (2 days after breaking my foot and the day before we left for the funeral).  I didn't include it in my narrative because I was listing all the bad, stressful things, and Noah's birthday was not bad or stressful.  

Noah is wonderful and easy going.  He doesn't like a big fuss to be made over him.  He told me several times we could just skip his birthday.  His father would have none of that.  Jason did all the things.  He hung up his picture wall, put up streamers, made him a birthday breakfast, birthday dinner, and his cake.  It was low key, but this wasn't his year for a party anyways.  I was sad to not be a part of it. But glad he got to be celebrated.  


Noah at 15
  • Noah is killing it at school this year.  From the very start of this year he has cared a lot and wanted to do well.  He hardly ever has a missing assignment.  His back pack is organized.  He is 100% in control of his own stuff.
  •    All his teachers LOVE him.  At PTC they go on and on about how perfect he is.  He is the reason they went into teaching.  He is kind, mature, involved, inquisitive, interested, and laughs at their jokes.
  • He has gotten back into playing the piano.  He took piano as a class at school and asked to restart again.  I love hearing him practice.  
  • He manages his own time and does a lot of things.  He is probably our busiest child and he handles it all really well.  He keeps his own calendar and adds things to my calendar that I need to know about.  I don't keep track of any of his stuff and he gets everything done.  It is great.
  • He asks me what he can do to help about 3 times a day.  Seriously.  
  • He is the best with Dane and Eve
  • He is self reflective and emotionally mature
  • He is super funny.  Brock says he had great timing. 
  • He has great hair.  It is just really naturally wonderful.  It falls really well.  He has a good part.  It is just great hair.  
  • He wants to be strong and fit and does push ups every day.  
  • I think he is my only child to have a true, genuine relationship with his Heavenly Father.
  • quick facts:  He works at Windcrest as a server, he is co-lead lights in his high schools tech department, he has 2 honors classes, he is in choir, he has a lawn mowing business, he has been teachers president in 2023, he enjoys camping and building fires, he takes piano, he helps an elderly neighbor with yard projects constantly, he loves to play video games, he still likes legos and card board crafting sometimes, he enjoys walking (or riding bike) home in the dark, most of  the family drives him crazy.

 

No comments: