Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is definitely magical again when you have children. We had such a great holiday season. I decorated the Christmas tree while Brock was out with the boys - I had the room dark with the Christmas tree lights on when Brock walked in the door and his face just lit up - I don't think I will ever forget that look. He went right to the tree and started to take off all the ball ornaments - of coarse. I let him play with the tree and the ornaments throughout the month - I wanted Christmas to be fun - not something I was constantly nagging at him about - one day I will have a pretty tree -but for now I am content with a child proof tree.

When Christmas morning hit things were absolutely wonderful. This was the first year we slept at our own house for Christmas, it was nice to be there as a family. I did not get great pictures (my camera is... well lets just say I need a new one - Santa did not deliver!), but they capture the day alright.


Santa brought colored pencils and a large sketch pad for Brock. He loves it - and colors for a long time now. He fills the paper with a lot of different colors and lines - it has brought me a lot of joy watching him learn this new skill.The biggest hits were actually the stocking stuffers (all from the dollar store)- Brock LOVES his sunglasses and wears them all the time - and he likes for Noah to wear his too - fortunately Noah does not mind wearing them. The other hit was a Nerf gun I got at the dollar store - Brock hardly puts it down - who knew I could have spent 3 dollars on Christmas??


Noah got a jumper

My parents got Brock his SALVATION!! A Basketball hoop!!!! This picture sums up what our days have been like since Christmas. He loves it!
Brock and Noah in their new outfits from the Hanna's and their giant stuffed dog from Santa.
My mom made Noah a beautiful quilt (Noah's ark inspired print of coarse) - she made one for Brad (my sister's baby) too. I love it!!
It was a great Christmas - we got so spoiled from our families - Thanks everyone. This was an especially great Christmas for me because this was the first year Jason and I exchanged gifts. The rule had always been that we don't give presents to each other (never had the money too) and the rule actually did not change for this year - but we both got each other gifts any ways. I was SO EXCITED to give Jason a new computer screen. I did not want to spend any of our money - so I have been "collecting" money for the past few months (selling stuff of Craig's List, doing some odd jobs, etc) then I went out on Black Friday and bought it - I could not stop smiling the whole way home -and when Jason was opening it I was literally shaking I was so excited to give him it. It was especially fun because he had NO IDEA I had even got him something - surprises are great!
We had a wonderful Christmas and can't wait for future ones - for I suspect they will only get better from here.

1 comment:

Cathy Hanna said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and children really do bring the magic into it. I love the Dollar store, its great!!!! Have a Happy Happy new year!