The reason for my sporadic blogging (and quality of posts) is due to our increasingly difficult circumstances with the boys. Both of them are terribly light sleepers and as such can not share a room quite yet. Jason and I are done with having Noah in our room - and plus if he wakes up in the night he can see us and gets really mad that we don't come get him, and since we only have a two-bedroom apartment, Noah now sleeps in the living room. However, Jason now is doing a new fitness routine (P90X) where he works out to DVD's after the kids go to bed. So each night we put Noah to bed in our room in the pack'n'play then move him and the pack'n'play into the living room when it is time for us to go to sleep. Then each morning I move the pack'n'play back into our bedroom so he can take his naps in there. Since he is an, aforementioned, light-sleeper I cannot be on the computer when he is in our room sleeping (that is where the computer is), so the only chances I get to blog are either too late at night or if Noah is awake and Brock is sleeping and Noah does not mind playing by himself.
We really need to get out of this place - things are going down hill quickly. I sware to you if we are here for another fourth of July "Freedom Festival" I am going to scream. I am actively looking for a house to rent in Salt Lake - I was going to wait until Jason's job got worked out and we could just move right into a house - but that could be all the way until September - and I just can not fathom waiting that long!
For those of you who don't know about Jason's job - his company got bought out and they were going to transfer the department to Omaha - but last week they backed out and decided not to transfer the department, but instead lay them off in August - yea! So we are back in the job search. So if anyone knows of a Human Resources position - let us know (or of a house we could rent in Salt Lake (or Northern Utah County)).
On an entirely separate note - I have figured out what I am missing in my life. I want to learn to be a good writer. I used to write fairly well when I was working. I wrote legal letters to government agencies, lawyers, and disgruntled customers - I became pretty good at expressing exactly what I wanted to say in a clear and concise manner; I have lost almost all of that skill since I have not used it in a few years - but now I want to get more into creative writing. I just feel like I can not adequately express my emotions with my current level of writing - I get frustrated and just decided not to write about it. I talked to Jason and we decided that I am going to take a creative writing course. I don't know where or when, I have to do some research - but I am way excited about it. I would have never done anything like this a few years ago - I would have been way too self conscious - but I feel like I have changed a lot in the last few years and am not so concerned about what other people think of me. But that is another post for another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't know how old Noah is now, but what my sister did was when she was ready for her youngest to cry it out to sleep through the night, she just moved the older one's bed in their room until the 2nd one was broken since the older one is obviously a better sleeper by that point. Now it works fine for them both to sleep in the same room. Just a thought.
Whoops, this is Heather Gooch, but I'm on my sister's computer so that is why it is showing up as "Wilkes", ha.
Sorry about the job! All that waiting for nada. We'll keep you in our prayers. I'm sure everything will work out.
Read Stephen King's "On Writing." The best book on writing I have come across. (Which surprised me because I am no Stephen King fan.)
The best thing to do is to write every day, even if you think your writing is bad. Start a private blog, or write on cheap notebooks. Shannon Hale calls it "vomiting on the page." When I learned to give myself permission to write really badly, I wrote more frequently, and my writing got better.
is PG a good location? i have a friend selling a 3 bedroom. if you want the link call me or email me- and i will send it to you!
Oh Jamie... that's too bad about Jason's job! There are a ton of places to rent in Salt Lake (I check once in a while just for fun) KSL but of course you know that.
Post a Comment