Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, July 13, 2009

undeserving

Jason is under a lot of stress right now and has been for the last little while. Things have not been turning out the way he/we had hoped with his job and he is having to make a lot of crucial decisions. All of these things have been weighing on him. With all of this going on I have to admit I have not been a very good wife. I am embarrassed to say that for the past few weeks I have been quite demanding, whiny, complainy, cynical, argumentative, and sometimes flat out selfish. And what does Jason bring me home last week?

These.



I couldn't believe it. I KNEW how undeserving I was. It was embarrassing to even except them. I told him that wives like me did not deserve roses like that and that he should give them to me when I start acting the part. He, of coarse, completely disagreed with the fact that I had been a bad wife and told me how wonderful and supportive I was, and how I deserved these flowers. It was a very humbling day to say the least.

The worst part is I still find myself being negative and unsupportive the last few days - why?? When did I get such a quick tongue and negative attitude? I need help.

1 comment:

Adrienne and Darren said...

Jamie, I am sad to say that I totaly understand. We have had the stress of a job not working out the way we wanted and then the stress of having to try and find a job. It sounds like I felt and acted the same way. It is so hard. I just decided that we could handle anything as long as we have eachother and our children. I am still stressed but I feel so much better. I hope things get better for you. Hang in there.