Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good Days

You know those days when everything just seems perfect? There are times when I am playing with the boys, usually just simple stuff: reading books, building with blocks, playing in the parking lot, and my heart just swells with joy and happiness and I think to myself, "This is a good day." It is those moments that make all the other moments worth it; when you just want to stop time and pray that this moment will last forever.

I actually am blessed to say I have more "good days" than not. It actually takes quite a lot of "stars aligning" to make a good day. The formula usually consists of this: all three waking up early and happy, a good breakfast, cleaning up breakfast as soon as it is over, getting to the gym by 7:50 am - but before leaving for the gym the house is clean, my bed is made, and the boys are both dressed for the day, Noah goes down for a nap right after the gym, I take a shower and get ready while Brock plays, Brock and I pray and read scriptures, the house is again cleaned and I have the diaper bag packed and ready to go out for an activity by the time Noah wakes up around 10:30. If all those things get done, or at least a majority of them, I know it is going to be a "good day". And some days none of those things get done, and they are definitely "bad days" - on those days I usually give up and say, "I will start over again tomorrow, we will just make the best of today." Then we head outside so I don't have to face my messy house.

But back to the good days. This day was an exceptionally good day. So good infact I tried to capture my feeling with photos - of coarse it did not work - I don't think you can capture that feeling - but at least I tried.
We were down in our parking lot...
Noah was playing on his blanket...

and I got the hose out for Brock - he likes to take his animals swimming and throw rocks in our make-shift river. (This is actually a daily set up for us)



Yes, it was a good day.

No comments: