Steve Kapfer had a soccer ball that he used to kick around the parking lot. Brock loved to watch him kick it up against the shed doors - as soon as Brock could kick a ball he took it right out to the parking lot and kicked it up against the shed doors just like Steve.
Steve just left the soccer ball outside in the parking lot (if you can't tell), and I was always amazed that it was never stolen nor did it ever roll away. When the Kapfer's moved almost a year ago (has it been that long? wow) Steve left it. About a week after they moved the ball disappeared, I looked everywhere for it. I thought it was so strange that for almost 3 years it never got lost, and then as soon as the Kapfer's moved - the ball was gone. I actually intended on blogging about how sad I was that the ball was gone - the last emblem of the Kapfers. Then a few week's ago the ball reappeared - out of no where. We came down into the parking lot one morning - and there it was, just sitting at the bottom of the stairs. Brock's eyes lit up as he went and kicked it up against the shed doors.
I love having the ball back - it makes me feel like the Kapfers are still right next door. I still find little girl barrettes and bows ("pretties") in my couch cushions and occasionally I come across a toy baby bottle or some other sort of pink toy. It seems like just yesterday I had those precious girls in our living room jumping on the couches and getting out all of our toys. Sometimes I wonder if Brock remembers them - but I haven't asked yet, in case he does -because if he went over and knocked on their door I would cry. (confession - I am crying right now just thinking about it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment