My baby turned one last week! I cannot even begin to describe my little Noah-boo and the joy that he has brought into our lives. It is funny that I was so nervous to have him because I didn't know how it was going to all work (having a second child) - and life just seemed so normal and great with Brock - but now I can't even remember our family without him - when I look back it just seems like it wasn't complete.
Favorite things:
- Noah has been happy since the day he was born. He smiled at us from the first day in the hospital. His smile is one of those that light up a room - you know it comes form pure happiness and joy - it warms my heart every time I see it. As a disclaimer - he has not been a happy baby lately - a lot of tantrums and whinny - but that is just true to his age - hopefully it will pass.
- Noah loves singing - especially finger-play songs, and loves to read books. He loves to turn pages and lift flaps. He loves to dance to the song your singing or to any music he hears. He loves to play catch with anyone that is willing. He mostly just loves one on one attention.
- He also appreciates his "alone" time. He likes to lay in his crib for about 15 minutes after he wakes up and just looks at the ceiling and plays with his toes, if he doesn't get this he is grumpy the rest of the day. He also likes to be left alone for about an hour a day to just crawl around the apartment and on the balcony and play with what ever he wants - he doesn't want me or Brock involved. I can't give this to him everyday - but if he goes 2 or 3 days without it - you can tell.
- He loves water and isn't afraid of much. He is not a timid child - whatever it is he will dive right it. He loved to splash and get wet, he loves loud noises and animals, nothing seems to scare him or make him nervous.
- He thinks he is Brock's age. This is one of the main reasons for his current tantrums. He absolutely thinks him and Brock are equals and strongly feels that he should get to do everything Brock does or have everything Brock has. This is especially hard because Noah doesn't really have any teeth and can't walk - so Noah gets frustrated often throughout the day. He loves Brock and tolerates him very well - Brock is ALWAYS tackling him or throwing balls at him, and Noah never minds, he just sits there and takes it. It is so funny.
- He is EXTREMELY attached to his mother right now. The only other person he willingly goes to is Jason. If I leave the room he screams or if anyone even LOOKS like they might pick him up - he screams. Sometimes - even if strangers in the super market smile at him he cries and reaches for me. The upside is I can leave him with baby sitters ok - he cries while he sees me leave - but they say within 2 minutes he is fine. I do take him to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and leave him there - so he does get over it.
1 comment:
He sounds like such a sweet baby! I love 1 year olds. I love them all, really. It sounds like Noah's birthday was fun.
On another note, I about died when I read your confession about going to the gym and sitting in the locker room. HA HA!
Post a Comment