I enjoy sitting down in front of the TV and relaxing when my kids are down for naps or at night once they go to bed (my main reason for feeling like I will never live up to Karli). I am a succor for syndicated sitcoms (Friends, Seinfeld, That 70's Show) and Jason and I enjoy a few new comedy shows together (How I met your Mother, Rules of Engagement, 30 Rock). But it has been a while since I have gotten excited for a new season of a show to start.
The last few weeks I found myself getting increasingly exited for The Biggest Loser. I am not sure why. I have watched it casually for the last few seasons, but never got exited about it or cared to really be home to see it. But when I started seeing the previews for this season a few weeks ago I got butterflies in my stomach. I think it is for 2 reasons: 1)I watched the end of last season with my friend Corinne and enjoyed talking with her about it, now she lives in Seattle, so I guess it makes me feel like we are still neighbors. And 2)I guess I don't really have anything else real exciting to look foreword too - life is great - but pretty mundane - so I guess this just boosted the anticipation factor.
It is funny that I watch The Biggest Loser - I have not really gotten into the reality shows (I have gotten into the Bachelor a few times) but I hate the drama - it makes me sad and very uncomfortable. On The Biggest Loser I like to watch the challenges (if they don't get too competitive) and the weigh-in's - I don't watch the work-outs because I don't like when Bob and Julian (the trainers) yell at the contestants and I NEVER watch when they decide who gets voted off - even if it is about people I care about (or don't for that matter). It just makes me so sad - I turn it back on at 8:57 - so I can see who went home and what they look like today (because then I am happy that they are still working hard and I get over the fact that they got their feelings hurt at the ranch by getting voted off). I just LOVE the fact that these people are doing something that they have tried to do their whole life and continually failed - I LOVE to see that accomplishment in their eye's and in one moment (when the number pops on the scale), they are brought to tears with joy and pride in themselves (which for many of them it is the first time they have felt that way). It is SO inspiring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment