Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Cabin

My family has a cabin up in Idaho on the Teton River. My great grandpa built it and the whole extended family shares it (great aunts and uncles, second cousins etc) - it is a beautiful place, but sadly this was only the third time in my life I have been up there. I hope to start making it a tradition.

I went with my family and took the boys (Jason had to work) - I as a little nervous taking Noah because he is in the stage right now where he just wants to be down all the time and the cabin is not really suited for babies - but he did awesome and it was pretty easy and really fun.

There is this beautiful tall grass everywhere - it makes me want to run through it!
My grandpa and grandma, my mom, my little sister, me, Brock, my older sister, Noah and my niece, Audrey.

Brock, Noah, and Audrey

The River
We have a little motor boat to go out on the river. It was so breath-taking - the water is so clear, you can see right down to the bottom and can see all the schools of fish! I wished I could just take the boat out on the river and read a book and just drift - it was so peaceful!

This is the best picture of my Grandpa - he is so wonderful and hard working. I have such a deep love and respect for him.






Brock did great for about 15 minutes - then he just wanted to get in.
The Slides
We go up to this girls camp past Driggs. It has these HUGE slides (sadly no pictures) and fun swings and teeter-totters. It was a blast - I do remember these from my childhood.





Me and the boys on the teeter-totter - Noah absolutely loved it!

Then we did my boys FAVORITE thing - throw rocks in a river - they could both sit on a river bank and throw rocks into it for an hour.

Fishing

Everyday my dad and grandpa went fishing out on the river - and the kids were always sad they couldn't go - so they took the kids to this great children's fishing pond. Within 10 minutes we caught about 7 fish - it was a great experience. Brock was stoked - until the fish died - he wasn't really expecting that - then he got scared and wanted nothing to do with it.






I don't have any pictures of Noah doing what he did at all these events - mostly because I didn't want to document my failures as a mother - but who cares - I am who I am... right? Noah basically crawled around in dirt the whole time eating rocks, mud, and I am sure a few bugs. I just had to let it go if we were going to have any fun, my motto for the week was, "if it was ok for the pioneers it is ok for me!"

No comments: