Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

24th

We started off our holiday weekend by going on a family picnic in the Oquirrh Mountains. We have been trying to find fun things to do where we live - rather than always driving to Sandy. The Oquirrh Mountains are beautiful - Brock is convinced that the copper mine is a volcano.





Then after naps we went swimming - no camera - but I think you got a good idea from the last post.

And then we did fireworks with all our neighbors. And then... something very unpredictable happened... Brock held a sparkler!

I would have bet my life that he wouldn't have touched the thing - he loved them and did about 15 of them. Just when you think you know your kids...







We love our neighbors and neighborhood - we feel so lucky to be where we are - it is what we have always wanted.

2 comments:

Foster Mom said...

yay!! I'm so glad that you are getting involved in your neighborhood...It makes all the difference, in my opinion, to have neighbors that are your friends.

Hannah said...

I was convinced the copper mine was a volcano too when I was little. I was so crushed when I found out it wasn't.