Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Boating

Probably one of my most favorite things to do is boating. Which is weird because I never get to go. My family doesn't own one, I grew up just going about once a year when my grandparents would take the whole extended family to Flaming George. But it is one of my most favorite things and one of my goals in life is to own a boat.

Anyways, I asked my grandparents to take my family boating before summer ended and they agreed. We also had Katie and Audrey along as well (My sister and niece). It was a lot of fun.


My men - we left Megan at home. She would have been NO fun


The boys getting ready to watch me ski. Brock was VERY concerned about me being in the water. He thought is was very dangerous and did not want me to fall and get hurt.

Our flag holder... Miss Audrey


Life jackets on kids are funny
Noah really wanted to get in the lake. From the moment we pulled up to it he said, "I need to get in water". So we threw him in with me - he was SHOCKED at how cold it was - way funny.

Brock, however, had no desire to get in. But once we were home he said his favorite part was swimming in the lake.



Auge on the tube

Surprisingly both my kids wanted to tube.
EVEN Brock. Here is me and him getting ready...

And tubing... at about 5 miles an hour...woohoo!


Me and Noah





Brock with his Great Grandpa Brown



This is actually the same life jacket I wore when I was Noah's age. He actually looks a lot like me in this picture. I have an almost identical picture somewhere... I may try and find it. I sure hope safety standards haven't changed in the last 20 years :)

Katie and Audrey
And one of the fam.
And if anyone can tell, my kids were in DESPERATE need of some hair cuts. Some of you may have notcied Noah's cut in his previous "birthday" post. I thought I liked my boys' hair long, now that it is short I can't stand to look at the pictures of long hair. I think I will keep them short for a while.

2 comments:

Karen said...

How fun!! I love the picture of Brock driving the boat. What little boy wouldn't love that?! His face looks so cute there.

mbjhme said...

I have the picture and it does look like you, i will find it for you, it looks like you had lots of fun