Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Maddie's Newborn Photos

My friend Jess took some wonderful pictures of Madison when she was 10 days old.  I love love love them.

 
The best part is that she captured "Maddie".  I am not a big fan of the, what I call, "fake baby pictures".  You know, when they are in a bowl, or have on ridiculous things - because your baby is unlikely to ever be in a bowl or have it remind you of a certain feeling or emotion. These ones are not just cute baby pictures (although they are) - but they will forever remind me of her.


Her frumpyness. 

Her faces of: "I am not sure that you know what you are doing".

Her "Brock-like" faces... oh those eye brows!

Then her sweet, angel-baby faces.
My little sister Ashley MADE this quilt for her.  Pieced it and everything.  She is amazing.
Still working those eyebrows - even in her sleep
Jason's favorite
My favorite - I LOVE the frumpyness












We only got 2 different background/poses - and this took us OVER 3 hours. She was not very cooperative. But Jess is the MOST PATIENT photographer in the world - and kept ensuring me that we would "get it" - and we did. THANKS

11 comments:

browniemom said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see this cute little girl in person! X0X0

Karen said...

I love them! I think you're right. It's just perfect to capture their expressions.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Beautiful! I can't get over how much she looks like Brock! So funny! I've been reading your hard day posts and I'm sorry it's a bit of an adjustment but I'm sure that on the outside you are calm, cool, and collected like always. You are such an awesome mom. I thought 3 kids were supposed to be the hardest but I'm guessing 4 is no walk in the park either! Your highlights look fabulous by the way!

Laura said...

She is beautiful. You make some perfect children.

Bob said...

Those really did turn out great, I love those eyebrows!

Bob said...

-Jill on rob's account

ps. Hopefully one of these days we can come out to visit you!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful pictures! Also, I totally agree w/ you on the "fake baby photos". Your description of that made me laugh.

Megan Loves Life said...

Those are awesome! I love the one with you holding her, you look great and it's so precious!

Luke and Ali Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke and Ali Stewart said...

Those turned out cute! I guess my kids have "fake" baby pictures...maybe I am weird but I think they are adorable!

dana ewell said...

What a little cutie! I may not be able to hook up with your mom, but would still like to come by and meet your newest angel in person. I even have some Halloween cookies for the kids.

Call me. Dana (801)674-8388