Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

And then...

A few hours later I watched from downstairs as she climbed up to the top shelf of our pantry, got down pop corn kernels, got the hot air popper out of the cupboard, poured kernels into the pop corn machine, put the lid on, plug it in,and POP POPCORN! 

I never stopped her because I wanted wait for her to get stuck and ask for help.  She never even asked for popcorn.  She was just playing and thought, "You know what I want right now? Popcorn.  I think I will go make me some."

This girl is going to run our house pretty soon.  She reminds me of my cousin Kaitlin, she was the third child as well, and by 6 she could run the house for her mother.  I told Jason today that in a few years if I die he doesn't need to worry about getting remarried - because I was sure by then Megan would be doing the laundry and taking care of her siblings. 

It has made me realize how much I do for my boys.  Megan can pretty much dress herself (shoes, socks everything) - Brock and Noah still struggle with this.   Noah sometimes struggles to open doors, or do simple tasks.  I don't know if Megan is advanced, the boys are retarded, or I just do too much for them.   I think it is a mixture of the first and last - I hope.

I have got to keep an eye on this one.

5 comments:

Karen said...

That is so great!

Laura said...

Wow! Wish my third, first or second were that way. That is pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. You know they say girls develop faster than boys.

Corinne said...

Just now my friend was trying to teach her ten year old how to make popcorn and I just HAD to look up this post and show it to her! Kids are capable of so much more than we give them the opportunity to show.

Corinne said...

Just now my friend was trying to teach her ten year old how to make popcorn and I just HAD to look up this post and show it to her! Kids are capable of so much more than we give them the opportunity to show.