Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hard

Tonight was hard.  It was hard from the moment Jason left.  The kids were on one, I was on one.  The whining, demanding, crying, fighting, mess making did not stop.  At about 6:30 (my hardest time EVERY night) I went through a list in my head of babysitters to call for help - seeing it was family night - I didn't want to intrude.  At 7:00 I went through a list of people to call that I could cry too, never got around to it.  Tears welled up in my eyes three or four times tonight as I went from one unhappy child to the next.  At moments I held it together and remained calm and collected, at times I fell apart and yelled at the boys.  It is a little rewarding knowing that we all made it to 8:00, I didn't need help, I didn't lock myself in a room and cry and neither did any of the children. :)  But I am SO glad it is over.  I will be rewarding myself with a bowl of ice cream with Reese's on top and the newest episode of The Good Wife - after I get Madison to bed, of course.

1 comment:

Holly Strong said...

At least you didn't have to make dinner. :) Sad you had a bad day. Next time just call. Lately Davis works and works (at home after 6) and I just want to run away. I will come see you :)