I am soo behind on blogging. It is almost June and I have not even finished April! Before I start this post I will do a little justifying as to why I am so behind (other than 4 little children and a husband with a crazy schedule), but for the last few months we have been living in the 20th century over at the Herbert house. Our cell phones don't work in our home, thanks to Verizon for switching our tower and not giving us a new one - we are just getting the run around with them (we don't have a home line - yet) - so to make any phone calls we have to go sit in the Harmon's parking lot. For the last year our computer has been dying - but we just kept holding on, then with a higher than expected tax return (thanks to another year of lay-offs - which is better??) we decided to get a new one. Found a good deal on Amazon...oh wait ...2 days after we got it, it malfunctioned...shipped it back... Amazon shipped us another one....2 weeks later....awesome....set it up....it broke after 2 hours...told Amazon to suck-it forget it and we just wanted our money back. Then went to Best Buy and and we are now on day number 2 with this one. So we have had serious cell phone, computer, and Internet problems. It has been kinda hard but kinda nice since I don't have much time for these things anyway - it helps keep me in the moment, which is where I really need to be.
But back to our Farm Country outing back in April. Karli was in town with her kids. She did a whole day at Thanksgiving Point (Farm Country, Dinosaur Museum, and Gardens). I hit Farm Country with her with all 4 kids, went back home, turned the girls over to Jason for naps, and went back to the Garden's with just the boys.
Since Karli moved we have had a serious lack of Thanksgiving Pointness. This was Megan's first time riding a horse! I love Thanksgiving Point and think I am going to do a pass there next year.
For your viewing pleasure:
Feeding the goats.
Megan is deathly terrified of cats and dogs - but for some reason loves to pet goats, horses and cows and lets them eat right our of her hand.
Maddie is such a Brock. I tried and tried to get her to smile at me (she really was happy) and she would only look at me like this. If any of you have been reading me for a long time... you might remember this Farm Country post. I had the SAME problem with Brock.
Brock HAD to ride the big horse... he told me so the whole way to Farm Country
Noah shot spider webs the whole time on the horse - I LOVE this boy.
Sky helping out the little ones - he is such a good dad!
My kids seem to be almost growing out of their "love for tractors" stage. It it sad. I remember talking with Jason last summer about how one day we will be driving and I will pass a back-hoe and no one will mention it - or worse, I will yell "Tractor" and they will not respond with "is it moving?" or "where" and instead say, "Lame, mom". That day is not hear yet, but it might be soon. Anyways, they were still thrilled with a tractor they could climb all over, but were way bummed they couldn't go inside.
And a good'ol hay ride.
1 comment:
Jamie, I would never go anywhere if I had four kids as young as you do. You are awesome. I remember being so overwhelmed with just James and Ally when they were little. Now I just pretty much have Grace with me so I have no complaints yet still I often don't go places with her because I hate dealing with kids in public areas. Maybe I am just getting too old for things and just take the easy way out. Your kids are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment