We have taken a few trips to Mapleton lately to stay with Jason's parents. The first was totally last minute. We were getting our house painted (YEA!...finally!!) and although the painter assured me that we could sleep there at night - after one night it was obvious that we could not - so I called my mother in law at 7:00 the next morning and asked her if me and kids could come stay with her for a couple of days. The best thing about the Herbert's house is that they have everything I need to stay. I hardly have to pack much - just the children and some clothes. She has everything else already for us.
Sometimes I find the more time I spend away from home the more time I WANT to spend away. Not this time. It really helped me fill my cup.
Grandpa Herbert had knee surgery a few weeks before we came and was using a walker. Madison thought it was something fun to play with. She loves her grandpa. Whenever he came out she would crawl right over to him.
They also have a really fun yard, with fountains, water falls, bridges, rocks, mountains, etc. The kids played and played and played.
I really wanted a picture of all four of them standing on the bridge smiling at me.... they did not...they won.
2 comments:
WOW! Madison is getting so big!! It seems like Brock and Madison look so much alike and Noah and Megan look so much alike. It seemed to stand out to me in these pictures than others.
So glad you got to get away and spend some time with family and for yourself. I really appreciate how you say that when you spend more time away you want more time to yourself. I think of that often. But, I'm glad that this time it helped you enjoy your kids when you got back.
I guess it just depends on what you are spending "me time" doing. I love the picture with all the kids and Noah is about to jump and Megan is climbing over! It really shows their personalities better than looking at the camera smiling would.
I was just looking at your "confessions" you hide at the bottom of your blog, I love those! But I never know when you add them. I really like how you "keep it real" on your blog, it inspires me!
Post a Comment