Jason had to work most the day on Mother's day so I decided to forego having Mother's Day on Sunday and celebrate it one a day when he wold be home all day. So my "real" mothers day was the Friday after Mother's Day. Well, actually I had already gotten my Mothers Day present the week before. See, I had been carrying around a "spring cleaning to-do" list since March and very slowly checking things off the list (and by very slowly meaning not at all). I made a comment to Jason that while I was in Boise he could do my whole list and that would be my Mother's Day gift... he said he would clean a few things but felt my WHOLE list was ridiculous and unnecessary, at best. Then in Boise he said he couldn't find my list and acted as if he had given up, because he "didn't know what to clean" and was just going to buy me a Mother's Day present instead. I was a little annoyed, who can only clean if they "have a list"? - a 14 year old, that's who.
Well I came home from Boise to my WHOLE LIST being checked off. And this was a MASSIVE list, people. Like cleaning all ceiling fans, blinds, base boards, clean out and sweep garage, vacuum under all furniture, etc. Our house sparkled, Jason is a great cleaner - better than me - when he wants to be. He is so tricky. I was so so happy.
Well, on (Sunday) Mother's day I dressed me and the kids all matchee. I had mentioned before that the girl's didn't have any matchee clothes. My friend Karli loaned us these cute Sailor Dresses and the girls finally fit in them.
I was unable to get a successful picture. But they sure looked cute.
Father's day was kind of a bust this year. It started out great. On Saturday we went to Jason's parent house for some awesome swimming and an amazing dinner. Then on Sunday the kids and I made some cards and a great breakfast for him. But then at church Brock got really sick and we all ended up leaving right after Sacrament, I ended up taking him to instacare and found out he had strep. The rest of our plans were canceled - Jason is not really into things like holiday's and birthday's anyways so he didn't care - but I felt really bad.
1 comment:
All of you look so cute matching.
Post a Comment