Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lagoon

Since Jon and his family were in town Jason's mom decided to take us all to Lagoon.  We have never taken the kids before - so they were so excited.  They talked about it everyday for weeks - which was funny because in truth they had no idea what "Lagoon" was.
 These two are just best friends.  They rode all their rides together if they had the chance.  A lot of kids wanted to ride "solo" a lot - but it never even crossed their minds to ride solo - even if it meant that only one of them could drive or something - they didn't care - they still rode together.
 
This was only like day 4 of Megan's glasses and it had been a tough 4 days - I was really worried about them.  I almost considered just not even having them.  We stopped at Walmart on our way and got them refitted and bought her one of those neck tie things.  She was wonderful.  She wore them the whole time, they never fell off during the rides - it was like we didn't even have them.  This was the first day I thought "there might be a light at the end of this tunnel".


 
 
 
Marissa brought Leah and she was such a good baby and a great trooper - I couldn't even imagine bringing a baby - Marissa is much more chill than I am.


I was so glad we got to go with our cousins.  It was a great memory for them to make together.

 I left Maddie home with a babysitter and Jason had to go to work - so it was just me with the three older kids.  It was perfect.  Brock and Noah rode the rides together and I rode with Megan.
 Megan and I had a GREAT day and really bonded - I almost felt like I was with an older daughter - like 8 or 10 years old not 3.  We had great conversations and just had real fun.
 

I was surprised how many rides she could go on.  It was absurd to see her in these big roller coaster seats in her giant glasses, doing these really big girl things.  She never seemed so small and yet so big at the same time. 

 
 
 

 
 

Anyone else remember riding in these boats??
 

We did get the 3 year olds to take naps in the stroller and wagon in the late afternoon.  Probably because we still let our three year olds have binkeys!  Hey - you do what you gotta do!
 

We did go to Lagoon a Beach for about an hour.
 


Debby with all the grandkids at Lagoon.  Thanks Debby - it was one of our most favorite days!  And she made it so awesome and easy.  She brought all the lunch, snacks, waters, etc.  I hardly packed anything to bring - just my purse basically.  It was wonderful.
 
 
 One of the best parts of the day was the evening.  All of the rest of the family was ready to leave around 6:00 pm.  Well before we even got to Lagoon each child had a request.  Brock wanted to ride a roller coaster, Megan wanted to ride the train, and Noah wanted to ride the Farris Wheel.  We had done Brock and Megans requests, but the Farris Wheel was on the far side of the park we hadn't been to yet because there were no rides for small kids.  So I decided to put our stroller in the car, say good-bye to our cousins and grandma, then I would take the three kids back into the park and the four of us would go on the Farris Wheel. The park had gotten pretty busy at this point (mostly from teenagers) and I was a little nervous.  We went on the Farris Wheel - and then they wanted to go on another ride, then another, then another. 
 
 
 

Before we knew it - it was 9:30 and the park was closing.  They were SO GOOD and we had SO MUCH fun.  I couldn't believe we had spent almost 12 hours at Lagoon.  I really thought the kids would burn out and just be whiney around 4 or 5.  I was shocked that we didn't get home until 10:45!  It was such a great day.  I told Jason when we got home I felt like I was with 3 kids - not 3 toddlers or babies - but 3 big kids.  I am really excited for this next phase of our life.

No comments: