I have been going to women's conference for almost 10 years. I have taken a few years off because of babies - but for the most part I have tried to make it to some of it. Jason has always been really supportive of me going. For several years he has taken the two days off of work and watched the kids so I could be there for both days.
I absolutely love women's conference - for lots of reason. A break from my day to day routine, a spiritual boost, time to reflect and receive inspiration and revelation, walking around BYU campus in the spring time - beautiful, being with so many other women, eating meals by myself, getting a good workout running around campus, etc. Most people go with other women and it is a fun social event, I don't really go with anyone - my mom and some of her friends are down there and I often catch a class or two with them - but for the most part I am alone, and I love that - I need the alone time more than I need the social time.
This year was wonderful. I went to a wonderful class called, "mothering young children" - I wasn't going to go because I figured it would just be a lot of "my worst day" stories and "my best day stories" with a lot of "take time for yourself" in between - not really what I wanted or needed to hear. Last minute I change my plans and I went and I left in tears of joy. Mostly the feeling in the room was wonderful, sitting in a room with 2,000 women who ALL are mothering SEVERAL young children, I made friends with the women sitting nest to me and we lifted each other up. Sounds cheesy - but it was great. I also ran into a good friend from our BYU days - Candice Kvavle - it was wonderful to see her again.
My best take away was not something that was talked about at all (that's how you know it is from the spirit) - it was a lot about Noah and how I can mother him different. And how my personality and emotions GREATLY effect the mood and spirit in my home and I need to control that better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds wonderful. How FUN to have seen Candice!!
Post a Comment