Moving to a new city for me means finding things to do with my kids. I immediately staring compiling lists of day-time babysitters, mother's who I can do trades with, play dates for my kids, night-time/weekend babysitters, and fun places to take my kids.
This actually isn't a good year of "outings" because of Kindergarten - especially since we don't have year round, which is when we did all of our outings when Brock was in Kindergarten. We have to pick Noah up at 11:30 - then we have to eat lunch and get the girls down to nap by 12:30 - they nap until 3:30 or 4:00 - by then Brock is home and we have homework/dinner prep/soccer/scouts(my calling)/young mens(Jason's calling)/eating dinner/anything else. The girls and I sometimes get a quick outing in before kindergarten pick-up and most days of the week we do library or park after we get Noah and then do a picnic lunch. But other than that I have a list of fun places like the Children's Museum - but just haven't had time to go yet. Next year will be perfect - my only year with no Kindergarten!
Well, one day the boys didn't have school so I set off to find the Denver equivalent of Wheeler Farm. I found it about 12 minutes away from our house in Littleton! It is a full working farm that has historical roots back to the 1880's and it is free - the only thing it is lacking is a river, which to be fair was our FAVORITE part of Wheeler Farm - but we will take what we can get.
The kids loved it and I loved it too. We will be here often.
1 comment:
I would love to know how you get your kids to nap for that long - is there a trick? :)
Post a Comment