I am going to blog - even if it has no point, or is not interesting. That seems to be my life anyways - and isn't that the point of the blog. To capture the real.
Speaking of real - things got real "real" around here the last few days. Monday morning I went to help in Brock's class. The girls went to my friends Hannah's house (she is my doppelganger - her name is Hannah, she dated her husband in high school, she had four kids in four years all the same ages as mine (their birthdays are all in the same month!), and a few other things, oh she is awesome - just like me:) Anyways, she watches my girls once a week while I go volunteer in either Noah's or Brock's class and I bring her kindergartner home everyday.
Anyways, to the point, I was IN Brock's class helping for an hour (this will become important information later) and then I picked up Noah and the girls and we went to the library. At the library I got a phone call: Brock has thrown up - everywhere. No warning, just... everywhere. I go pick him up. He told me his tummy had hurt all day. Why didn't he tell me! They do not pay anyone enough to clean up someone else's kids throw up.
We get home, put girls down for a nap. Brock throws up 2 more times - not ever making it to a toilet or a bowl. AHH! Madison woke up from her nap screaming. Throw up is all over her and her bed. Clean her up and put her in the bath - while I clean up her bed. She throws up in the bath, Brock throws up twice more while I am cleaning up Madison, her bed, and her bath. This continues the rest of the night. Both throwing up at least 3 more times. Megan complains of stomach aches but never throws up, and Noah is as happy as a clam.
I sit all four on the couch, with bowls on their laps, and turn on a movie. Brock threw up once in the middle of the night and so did Madison. Tuesday morning I send no one to school even though Noah REALLY wanted to go. I was not going to get another phone call. All day Brock, Megan, and Madison are hunched over complaining of stomach pains - but no one throws up - all. day. phew.
Tuesday night I shower everyone and at 7:15 I start c l e a n i n g. The kind where it takes 2 hours to clean your kitchen. I don't stop until 11:00 pm. I continue in the morning (I sent the boys to school - both were fine). Everything is cleaned and EVERYTHING is washed (all the way down to our baby dolls blankets and clothes). All in all a good 8 hours of cleaning.
And now - I start feeling.... off. Girls are down for a nap. Noah is watching a show. And I am going to lay down.
Oh and did I mention that we have just gotten over bronchitis and pneumonia! Brock missed 13 days of school and Noah missed 6! I took this picture during the "sickness".
We laid around in jammies under blankets and fell asleep randomly for a good 2 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man! Sounds like the plague hit your house! Hope evreyone is feeling better now!
Not fun. I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much sickness lately. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon.
Awww. So sorry to hear that everyone was so sick. I hope Spring brings many well days for your family.
Post a Comment